These are the current needs for this year’s Ecuador Medical Mission Trip:
- We buy our prescription medications through Blessings International. The total cost for the medicine this year is around $7,000. For $3, you can provide vitamins, antibiotics, Tylenol and parasite medicine for 1 person for an entire year. We expect to treat about 4,000 people in 5 days. Of those 4,000 people, approximately 90% of them give their lives to Jesus after hearing the gospel story. These people are the people that make up our new churches. We have pastors in place in each location, that continue to minister to and shepherd the churches after we leave. We have started over 28 new churches over the last 6 years and every single one of them is thriving and growing. Your gift towards the purchase of our trip medications has a priceless value, as you will be caring for physical needs and giving them the opportunity to come to know Jesus as Lord and Savior.
- We will be building a kitchen and covered area for the feeding program at one of the new churches. This feeding program will feed approximately 1,000 children per week. We need approximately $4,800 to build the kitchen and put a cover over a large section of the lot they use. This will protect the children from the elements. (Blazing sun alternating with torrential rain.) For about $.20 cents a day, we could feed a child one good meal per day. $200 a week for one thousand children. $11,200 would feed them for an entire year. How many of us spend $200-$400 a month on groceries for a family of 4? How many of us spend $50 when we eat out at a restaurant? Your gift of any amount can feed a child as well as give them the opportunity to hear about the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
- Eyeglasses – We have been able to procure our reading glasses from the Lion’s Club this year, 3,000 pairs at $.44 per pair and 1,500 pairs of sunglasses for $.25 per pair. The glasses will ship out the last week in February, and I will have 30 days to pay the invoice. With shipping, we owe $1812. I wish you could see the faces of the people when their eyes light up when they are fitted with a pair of glasses and can read! Priceless.
- Bibles – We can purchase Bibles in Spanish for $2.75 each in Ecuador. It is much more cost effective to buy them there than to pay to have them shipped. We would love to leave at least 100 Bibles with each pastor, so we need 500 Bibles total. $1,375 would put Bibles in the hands of hungry new Christians.
- Videographer – If any of you follow my blog or are my friend on Facebook, then you have probably heard about this need already. I have been wracking my brain, trying to figure out how I could easily show someone what it is that we do in Ecuador. The Lord laid it on our hearts to seek out a professional videographer. Videography can be very expensive; however, the Lord knew what we needed, and He led me straight to a young man that is a professional videographer and his specialty is missions and missions’ trips! I sent him an email, bracing myself for a fee that was completely out of my reach, and instead, I got a reply that told me that if I could cover his trip costs, that he would donate his time for the week and donate the production of the video! I desperately need a sponsor for the straight trip costs for our videographer. The costs for his flight, hotel, and food are $1975. I just know that this video will open doors for other people to see the importance of the work that the Lord has called us to do in Ecuador!
As a recap, the current needs are as follows:
Medicine – $7,000
Kitchen Construction- $4,800
Feeding Program- $11,200
Eyeglasses – $1,812
Bibles – $1,375
Videographer – $1,975
Approximate funds needed- $28,162
I know that the Word is clear, it tells us that we are called to go and share the gospel making disciples in ALL nations. Ecuador is where He has called me and my family. Not everyone is able to go, but everyone is able to contribute in some way. Whether it is in prayer support (we desperately need prayer warriors lifting up this ministry!), or a donation towards one of the areas that speaks to your heart, or perhaps you feel a calling to participate in the trip, there is an opportunity for every single person to serve.
As always, if you are able to make a monetary contribution, it is 100% tax deductible, and you will receive a tax receipt. You may donate online by going to GiveSendGo at https://www.givesendgo.com/heartofecuador (GiveSendGo allows us to accept credit and debit cards).
Or, if you wish to send a check, please make it payable to First Baptist Church Carolina Beach (you may abbreviate FBCCB), put Ecuador in the memo line, and then mail it here:
Attn: Stephanne Marsh
311 Dove Field Court SE
Leland, NC 28451
As always, we are eternally grateful for each and every one of you, and we thank our God for you daily.
In Him and in His Service for the People of Ecuador,
Jonathan and Stephanne Marsh